Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Realizing that many of my posts are about my James, I need to even the playing field. Since Zachary is at school everyday I rarely have time with just him and me. He is the life of any party. Everyday after school he has planned play dates with friends. Not just one, but most of the class, and always at our house. We arrive home and moms will call, is so and so there playing with Zachary? No i will say, and soon we will discover the master planner was at it again. For a long time all of the neighbor kids were walking to school and he would join them, soon he was avoiding it, when you ask why? He doesn't want to walk with a mom. One mom was walking her daughter up everyday and that was too much for him. There were many times he has walked alone, just to avoid it.

Zachary is good at everything he tries. Since he is an old kindergartner, we decided this year he could do more extracurricular activities to fill in possible boredom. He is currently swimming on a swim team, playing soccer, baseball, taking piano lessons, and going to school. His energy never runs out. His passion never runs out. He lives for sports. I was able to attend a basketball game with his the other night. The Jazz were playing the sonics. I got to sit with him, just us. We were high fiving every point and play that went our way. His passion was so contagious that I was ready to go out to the Fanzz store and pick myself up a jersey!
This is a picture of Zachary and his makeshift golf hole. He is putting it into a sideways cone.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Erik said...

Ya for Zachary! don't you think his post at least deserves a title? Something like, "ZACHARY WILLARD ALDER" would be perfect.